Ranma-Kun & Ranma-Chan

Ranma-Kun & Ranma-Chan

Friday, April 30, 2010

Background for "Nodoka's Lessons"

Background for “Nodoka’s Lessons”
By Michael A. Ivins

I’ll be honest with you, when I started the story, Nodoka’s Lessons I had no motivation other than to have scenes where Ranma was having sex with his mother. What plot there was existed solely to set up and support the sex scenes. I invented the device of the magic Family Stone so it would give a plausible sounding reason why canon characters would act OOC.

I did have to take a few liberties. The idea that Genma never gave Ranma “the Talk” I felt was plausible. It was a bit more of a stretch to present the idea that Ranma never got any sex ed or family planning classes in school. By making him almost completely ignorant of sex it made it more plausible that a Nodoka with boosted libido and magically decreased inhibitions might decide that it was her job to not just tell Ranma about sex but to show him what it was all about.

However, if I just had the parts about Ranma learning about sex from his mother, it made for a really short story. I felt that it was too short, so I put in that, after experiencing dildos penetration during sexplay with her mother, Ranma became curious about what it would be like to have sex with a live man when she was in girl form. That led to Ranma having sex with Genma.

It was in the reviews I got from this, that I learned that Genma was not popular as a male sex partner for Ranma’s girl side. It was from the response to that chapter in the story that the serious story elements that led to a sequel were introduced.

By Ranma taking the Family Stone to the Tendo home to get Genma interested, it also worked on Soun and his daughters. That led to a scene with the Tendo girls having sex with their father and each other and later to a family orgy.

As Nodoka’s Lessons is written the story could be canon or AU. Nothing said in the story really defines it. There is the one statement sorcerer Satoshi says about getting a goddess angry at you that suggests a crossover with AMG, but you could just dismiss it as exaggeration on his/her part.

The sequel I wrote is “Sailor Goddess” and is a crossover of Ranma, AMG and Sailor Moon. I haven’t finished posting that on the story site yet. Before I start posting it on this blog, I want to see what comments I get on this article. Anyone who reads the story on mediaminer.org is welcome to post comments on the story here.

1 comment:

  1. The way Genma is in Ranma 1/2 often left me thinking the only way he ever had sex was because the woman was duty bound to do it. Giri there are many fun fanfics where Genma isas ignorant of Sex as you proposed Ranma to be atthe start of this fic, Where Genma is actually not genetically related to Ranma.

    ReplyDelete