Ranma-Kun & Ranma-Chan

Ranma-Kun & Ranma-Chan

Wednesday, November 14, 2012


Ramblings

 

 Hello to my readers. I'm back.

 

If you haven't read of it elsewhere I can tell you how this blog came to be taken down for a time. I was enjoying a good readership and getting lots of hits on the blog, but was not fully happy with the way the chapter posts were organized.

 

I figured that I would do better if I could get a website instead of just a blog. That way I could have a main page where the titles of the stories were listed and by clicking on any title you could go to a page that listed the chapters.

 

I had decided to use Google Sites for the free website hosting. I think the problem is that I didn't fully read the Terms of Service. They don't allow pictures of nudity and sex acts on their free websites. When they found that I had such pictures attached to my chapters of Futanari Ranma, they shut down my account.

 

At the time I did not realize that Blogspot was a Google service. When they shut down the account for my site, they also shut down my blog. I would have to guess that they later reinstated my blog, but not the site. I don't know when that reinstatement took place because Google never sent me an email to notify me. I didn't learn that the blog was back up until I read about it in a discussion forum on another site.

 

I would still like to get a website, but the free web hosting services I've seen all seem to have some kind of prohibition on adult content. Since I do write some lemon fics and would occasionally like to illustrate them with pictures I download, I have to be careful.

 

If any of my readers knows of a free web hosting service that would allow adult content (with an appropriate content warning), then I'd appreciate it if one of you would let me know how to contact them.

 

On another topic. One of the most universal things I have seen in fan fictions is author notes where the writer of the fic apologizes for how long it has been since the last time they updated. Personally, I never get more than mildly annoyed when it has been a long time since an update. I will confess to feeling sad and a little disappointed when it has been more than a year or two since the last update on a story that I really enjoyed.

 

One of the reasons I don't get annoyed over this is because the authors of fan fiction don't get paid for their work. If those authors need to spend time devoted to activities that pay the bills instead of updating their fics then I can sympathize.

 

I have been posting three stories on FanFiction.net. Those are "Happi's Redemption," "Ranma - Senshi of the Moon," and "No Need for a Tomboy." Of those, the one that I've got the most chapters posted for is Happi's Redemption.

 

It has now been a couple of months since I last posted a chapter on any of those stories. It hasn't been because I don't have anything ready to post or at least stuff that could be gotten ready.

 

I am sure other writers will understand my reason. Have you ever gotten an idea for a story that you just can't get out of your head until you write it down? That was what happened in my case. I had an idea for a new story for Ranma. This one is a lemon story where Ranma avoids getting a curse at Jusenkyo and Genma was the one who fell into the Spring of Drowned girl.

 

Being the idiot he is, Genma asks the Guide where the Spring of Drowned Man is and then jumped in before the Guide could warn him. The result - Genma gained a cursed form of a futanari.

 

For anyone who has read my "Futanari Ranma" story you would have heard of the village of Futar. For those who haven't read that story, it is another village in Bayankala Mountain Range in the same general area as Jusenkyo, the Amazons, Musk and Phoenix tribes. They have one spring in the village and that turns the people and animals that fall into it into human futanari.

 

The Guide suggested Genma and Ranma go to the Futar village to help Genma learn to cope with her new form. Then in another act of stupidity, Genma knocked Ranma into the spring and doused herself with locking water to be stuck permanently in futanari form. Lots of other stuff happens, but they eventually get back to Nerima and lots of sex is happening.

 

After I got a 200 page rough draft for that story done, I got another idea that I had to develop. In that one Ranma fell into the Girl spring, but also landed in the Spring of Drowned Tiger. Now with a cursed form as a tiger cat girl, Ranma can't stand to even look at her reflection because of her fear of cats.

 

They go to the Amazon village where Ranma gets help from Kho Lon and Pao Dah, the Lore Mistress of the tribe. Ranma agrees to stay with the Amazons for a year for training and Genma goes on to Nerima. I have touched on a few canon events and how they will happen differently when Ranma isn't in Nerima to deal with them.

 

After getting some of that idea written up, I got a third new idea. This one starts with a bit of a fanon cliche. Fed up with the whole mess in Nerima, Ranma executes a plan to escape. To further the plan, Ranma has renounced the Saotome name and the Anything Goes school. She has changed her given name and decided that she likes being a girl more than a boy.

 

In this story Ranma has been adopted by an American man and his Japanese wife. She will be going to school with the Senshi at Juuban high school. After she is in her new Juuban home, the curse dissipates because Ranma has learned the lesson the curse was meant to teach.

 

She discovers that Dr. Tofu left Nerima, not because of Kasumi related craziness, but because the girl he loved didn't love him and he didn't think he'd ever had a chance with her. As it turns out it was Ranma he was in love with (or at least her girl side.) Now that Ranma has become a full-time girl, she starts going out on dates with Tofu. I eventually intend for them to get married and have kids. I was also planning to have Tofu eat an age changing mushroom so he can be the same age as Ranma.

 

I think I'm at a point in those newest stories that I can leave them for a while and get back to my previously neglected work and update one or more of my stories on FF.net. After I've done that, I'm going to work on polishing up the first chapters of each of the new stories and post them on the blog and see what comments I get.

 

 

1 comment:

  1. I am not a huge fan of anime but have been introduced to it through my Grandkids. Although I did watch A.D. Police many many years ago and loved the music. Since my recent indoctrination via said GKs I have seen the entire Girls Bravo and one other that I cannot recall the name of.
    I have not watched Ranma 1/2 as your stories were my introduction and have enjoyed them very much. I love to get lost in stories and project my own movies on my own internal screen.
    The thing is I have read a lot of Ranma on mediaminer.org, and have found that while the stories are quite entertaining quite a few have mistakes that are easily avoidable such as using "here instead of hear". You don't make many mistakes like that and are therefore more readable which begs the question of Beta Readers. Why don't these people help the writers correct these errors? I would think that a Beta Reader would act more like an editor to point out errs.
    I will look you up on FF to see if you have furthered any of the stories from the blog that are incomplete.
    Thank You for your stories keep it up.

    ReplyDelete