Ranma-Kun & Ranma-Chan

Ranma-Kun & Ranma-Chan

Tuesday, November 27, 2012


Unsigned reviews

 

            Over on Fanfiction.net I've been posting three of my stories that I've been working on. One of those is titled "Ranma - Senshi of the Moon." The premise of that story is that Ranma is the reincarnated soul of Queen Serenity's daughter and the one destined to be Sailor Moon. However I have changed the time frame for this to the 21st Century. I've also allowed the Senshi to be a bit more grown up when they take up their powers. In my story they are all 17 and 18 rather than 14 as in canon.

 

            Reviews have mostly been positive for what I have posted so far. However there was one review where the person writing it said he would stop reading. He (or she) didn't like how I handled the breakup between Ranma and Akane, saying that I was ignoring 38 volumes of slow buildup of the R/A romance.

 

            The problem with that review is that the writer of the review wasn't signed in and was just listed as "Guest." Anyone is free to voice their opinion and I would be one of the first to defend that right. However, by not "Signing" the review, that guest has deprived me of the right to reply and to defend my choices made in the writing of the story.

 

            The story that this person was complaining about is supposed to take place in the Sailor Moon world. I have no plans for Akane to make any appearances in the story other than references being made by characters. Ryoga will make an appearance and I was toying with the idea of Kasumi being Sailor Titan. That is the only appearance of any members of the NWC that I have planned.

 

            To keep Akane out of the story I would either need her to dump Ranma, him to dump her or write her as dead at Jusendo. My feeling was that to kill Akane off would result in Ranma carrying too much emotional baggage. If Ranma's dumped, he can concentrate in moving on with his life.

 

            There is one additional thought I would offer up to that anonymous reviewer, if you are reading this blog. The story about Ranma as Sailor Moon is fan fiction. As the author of such a work, I feel no obligation to any slavish adherence to canon. I may alter canon events, relationships or characters as I see fit for the sake of the story.

 

            In my writing I am not a strict Akane fan. I have written fics where she is Ranma's soul mate and others where she is not. In fact, in my fic "Soul Divide" I write her as turning into an uber psyco-bitch who snaps and comes close to killing Ranma and tries to kill Nodoka.

 

            In other news I have just started on the opening chapters of a Ranma/Harry Potter crossover. In that one I have Harry taken away after surviving the attack by Voldemort and being sent to be raised by Nodoka. An amulet changes Harry to look Asian and hides him from detection by Dumbledore and all of the others trying to find him.

 

            For a bit of a twist with that one, I want to put into the background that Nodoka is a witch who attended Hogwarts in the past and is a good friend of Minerva Magonagall. Right after graduating from Hogwarts, she meets the Doctor (Dr. Who) on one of his visits to London. She travels with him as a companion for about a year of her personal subjective time. When she meets Magonagall, it will be right as the professor is looking for some alternative to placing Harry with the Dursley's.

 

            The doctor will return Nodoka to her own time but will take a little forward in time and drop him off with Nodoka after she has gotten married to Genma. Genma will be put under a memory charm so that he will be led to believe that Harry (now Ranma) is his own child and that the lightning bolt scar came from the boy falling down and hitting his head.

 

            Thanks to the time travel, Ranma will actually be 18 when the date of Harry's 11th birthday arrives. Magic aging mushrooms will make Ranma the right age so that when the letters go out from Hogwarts, he (She) will get one.

 

            I'm also going to try and get first and second chapters of some of my newer stories ready for posting on this blog. These stories consist of "Stripes" (Ranma as a tiger cat girl), "Mixed Feelings" (Lemon with Ranma, and much of the NWC turning into futanari) and "Pursuit of Peace" (Ranma-chan fic where she meets up with Tofu and finds that he left Nerima because he was in love, not with Kasumi, but Ranma's girl form.)

6 comments:

  1. Just discovered today that the blog was up again after clicking on the wrong link in my favourites list. Glad to have the blog back. Can't wait to see some new perverted material.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, good to see you back in action. Hope to see some more of your work soon as you're one of the few lemon writers in the Ranma fandom that adds the lemon to a story rather than trying to slip a line or two of plat into a mass of smut. I will pitch the request you update your mediaminer account if it can still be done. The setup for finding chapters for any one fic is way better there than here on the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blog is back yay! The thing I am most curious about is your progress on stories you only post here like What is Manly, Genma's Shame, Futanari World, Wild Rose, and most of all Futanari Ranma that you said you had 20 chapters written back in February

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you have more in store for us :D
    I'm in need of ranma-chan fics there have not been too many lately, you going to post some soon?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, it's been over a year. I'm still looking forward to updates on your ongoing projects and for the new projects you were working on. I just hope it's not going to be another year before anything appears.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dunno if any of this is going anywhere but out into the aether but ... Mediaminer hasn't actually collapsed yet, but it's borderline unreadable. If you are getting this, maybe you might be able to port over to AO3?

    ReplyDelete